3M™ Color Stable Series Sun Control Window Film
- Rejects up to 57% of the total solar energy coming through your windows to keep you cool and protect you from harmful UV rays
- Non-metallized window film lets you stay connected with mobile devices, GPS or satellite radio reception without interference
- Nano-carbon is dispersed throughout the thickness of the film, it ensures years of performance with no chance of the film turning purple
The 3M Color Stable Series is a dyed film that significantly reduces glare from blinding sunlight, allowing you to see better.
Features & Benefits
- Reduce glare: this film significantly reduces the glare from blinding sunlight
- Blocks out 99% of harmful UV rays: UV rays cause furniture to fade. Blocking out UV rays help extend the life of furnishings.
- Color stable: Patented nano-carbon polyester technology allows the film to retain its integrity and never fade to purple
- Metal-free design: no signal interference and no chance for film corrosion
- 5 years warranty: applies to fixed and sliding panels. 3 years warranty for casement panels. Warranty covers peeling, bubbling, blistering, delamination and discolouration.
Frequently Asked Questions
The 3M solar film warranty covers any peeling, bubbling, delamination and discolouration for 3M Color Stable Series.
Color Stable series has a warranty of 5 years for fixed and sliding windows and 3 years for casement (swing) windows.
We recommend installing our 3M Color Stable window films only after all significant remodeling work (such as hacking and drilling) has been done and before installing curtains, shades, or grilles. This is due to the fact that the site must be as clean and dust-free as possible in order to reduce the possibility of dirt trapped bubbles on the film.
Solar films help to address three issues that we face in Singapore, mainly heat, glare and harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. The 3M Color Stable Window Film Series uses a proprietary technique to create nano-carbon polyester. This breakthrough approach eliminates the need for a metal film layer, which can interfere with radio and/or satellite transmissions. It also offers the picture a stylish aesthetic with excellent color stability, ensuring that it never becomes purple.
We will need to measure the size of your window panels in order to provide a more accurate price. We are unable to determine the window dimensions based on your floor design.
Hence, we would recommend that you Whatsapp our film consultants with a picture of your windows and your measurements or make an appointment with our sales consultant for an on-site consultation.
Yes, a darker film is better at rejecting heat if you are referring to films within the same series by a particular supplier. For example, a darker shade of 3M Prestige Window Film (PR40) can reject more heat than a lighter shade (PR70).
However, if you are comparing across different brands, a darker film is not always better at rejecting heat. For example, our 3M Prestige Window Film provides the best heat rejection technology in the market and outperforms darker tinted films from other brands despite being a clear film.
Blinds or curtains only filter out a little amount of heat. For more effective heat reduction, we recommend putting 3M films. They can also protect your blinds or curtains from UV rays, which cause them to fade quickly.
Traditionally, there was no single film in the market that can achieve both day and night time privacy, i.e. outsiders cannot look into your home during the day, but this effect is reversed at night. However, our 3M Night Vision films is the first in the market that allows day and night time privacy, with enhanced views with low interior reflectivity, especially at night.
Night Vision films allow 15% to 35% of the natural light into your rooms by day, and thanks to a low interior reflectivity, you can still enjoy the view out by night.
Visible Light Transmission (VLT) refers to the percentage of visible light that passes through the film. For example, our 3M Prestige PR40 film allows 40% of light to pass through, while our PR70 film allows 70% of light to pass through. You can get a good idea of the film’s VLT simply by looking at how darkly tinted the film is.
Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) is a metric that describes the total amount of solar energy that is blocked from passing through the window (UV light + visible light + infrared rays). When comparing heat rejection performance between film brands, consider the Total Solar Energy Rejected metric as well as the Infrared Rejected metric.
No, films with a high TSER are not always better performers because they may be much darker or highly reflective, which may be undesirable. As a result, looking at films with the same visible light transmission (VLT) before comparing their TSER performance is a better way to assess the film’s performance.
- Do not clean the windows for at least 30 days after installation.
- You can clean your windows after 30 days with water and a soft cloth or a clean synthetic sponge. Please clean the window interior and exterior with a different cloth/sponge and water.
- No newspapers, paper towels, bristle brushes, or abrasive cleaning materials should be used. When cleaning, avoid using excessive pressure.
We have films that allow more visible light to pass through while giving excellent heat reduction, such as the lighter shades of our 3M Prestige Series (e.g. PR60 and PR70). They do not change the outlook of the window much and you would hardly notice it is even there at all!
Yes, we can submit our film samples to the MA for approval. Our 3M Window Films have been approved for installation in many residential developments, such as ARTRA (PR40), Gem Residences (PR50 & NV35), Rivercove Residences (PR50 & CM50), Sol Acres (PR50).
*Once the MA approves our PR40 film, which is the darkest out of the four models in the Prestige Series, it means all the other 3 lighter models (PR50, PR60 and PR70) are approved too!